Real Madrid and Harry Kane: A Smart Move?
Real Madrid have been heavily linked with a move for Tottenham’s Harry Kane in the transfer window. So much speculation has abounded that it begs the question, is it a smart move for Real Madrid to sign the England striker?
There are several reasons why Real Madrid could benefit from signing Kane:
- Kane is one of the most prolific strikers in Europe, with an impressive goalscoring record of 160 goals in just 239 appearances for Spurs.
- He is just 26-years-old, and could form part of the core of the Real Madrid team for at least the next five years.
- Kane has proven himself to be a reliable scoring option, having scored 20 or more Premier League goals in each of the last four seasons.
- Kane has also been able to score against the top teams in England, such as Liverpool and Manchester City.
It would be foolish to overlook some of the drawbacks to signing Kane:
- Kane’s transfer fee is likely to be huge, given his status as a world-class striker.
- Real Madrid already boast two high quality strikers in Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain, so it is unlikely that Kane would get the same amount of playing time.
- Kane has struggled to make an impact in Europe, with just two goals in his 20 Champions League appearances for Spurs.
- Finally, Kane is currently injured, so it would be unwise to sign him until he has fully recovered.
Real Madrid signing Harry Kane looks like a risky move on paper, but when it comes to a striker of his quality, they may be tempted to take the chance. Whether it is ultimately deemed a smart move or an expensive mistake, time will tell.